Creating magazine sliders for your website
With the magazine slider, you can create a slideshow of pictures for any page on your website.
Create a new magazine slider
- On the WordPress dashboard, in the menu on the left of the screen, click Master Slider.
- Click Create New Slider.
- Select Custom Slider. At the bottom of the screen, click Create.
Add picture slides to the magazine slider
One you created a new slider for your rotating advertisements, you can
create a slide for each picture that you want to add to the slideshow.
- Click Add Slide.
- Do any of the following:
- To add a slide using a picture you already added to WordPress, in the Media Library tab, click an image. To add multiple slides at once, hold the CTRL key and click multiple images.
- To add a slide using a new image, in the Upload Files tab, click Select Files. Select the images you want to upload and click Open. Click Create Slides.
- Click Create Slide(s).
- On the Slides tab, click a slide image.
- In the Fillmode drop-down list, select Stretch.
- Click Save Changes.
- Repeat steps 4-6 for each slide you added.
Change the slider settings
- At the upper left of the screen, click the Slider Settings tab.
- In the Slider name field, type the name of your slider.
- If necessary, change the slider width and slider height.
- In the Transition drop-down list, select Flow.
- In the Navigation section, turn on the Pause at end slide and Hide layers before changing slide switches.
- Make sure that all other switches in the Navigation section are turned off.
- In the Appearance section, click the Background color drop-down list. Pick a background color.
- In the Class name field, type magazine.
- In the Slider custom styles field, enter the code as seen in figure 1, below.
- Click Save Changes.
Add a slider control
The slider control helps the user navigate your magazine slides. The
most common slider controls are arrows, which allow the user to navigate
through your slides by clicking the arrow to the left or right.
- At the upper left of the screen, click the Slider Controls tab.
- In the Add new control drop-down list, select Arrows.
- Click the + Button.
- Click Save Changes.
Place the magazine slider on your website
Now that you created your magazine slider, you can add it to a page you already created or you can create a new page for it.
- Copy the text that appears in the Shortcode field at the bottom of the screen.
- In the menu on the left of the screen, click Pages.
- Do one of the following:
- To add the magazine slider to an existing page, click a page
title. In the text field, place your cursor where you want your magazine
slider to appear. Paste the text you copied from the Shortcode field.
- To add the magazine slider to a new page, click Add New.
Enter a Page title. In the text field, place your cursor where you want
your magazine slider to appear. Paste the text you copied from the Shortcode field.
- Click Publish.
Creating a rotating advertisement on your website
You can create a series of rotating advertisements so you can use the same space to display a number of different ads on your website. The ads automatically rotate, and each ad can link to a website for the advertiser or product that’s being ...
Creating ads on your website with Google DoubleClick for Publishers
Add a new ad unit An ad unit is a location on your website where one or more advertisements is placed. You must create a new ad unit for each location on your site that you want ads to appear in. At the top of the screen, click Inventory. In the ...
Creating a Yop poll question for your website
You can create a poll question on your website to keep visitors engaged, and to gain valuable information about your team or league from your visitors. Create a new poll question On the WordPress dashboard, in the menu on the left of the screen, ...
Using custom plugins for your website
Before you begin: Check the installed plugins Make sure the following plugins are installed in your WordPress dashboard: MasterSlider WP Custom Facebook Feed WonderPlugin Gallery Additionally, the following plugins are optional: WP Add Custom CSS ...
Resizing images for your website
Before you add an image to WordPress, you can resize the image using photo-editing software. The following image sizes are the ideal image dimensions if your website uses the Swordfish theme.