Scorekeeper - How do I record a penalty?
From the Penalties tab, under Visiting Team or Home Team, on the first penalty entry line, enter details about the penalty. Note: If any of the fields below do not appear on your screen, they are not required entries for your league.
Click the Publish button to record the new penalties to
the game. If you have additional penalties to record, they can be added
after the first set has been published.
- Period - period when the penalty was assessed
- No./Player receiving the penalty
- Offence - select the offence from the drop-down list provided by your league or governing body
- Off - time the penalty was called (mm:ss)
- PP - the number of power play opportunities
resulting from the penalty (you can either key a number or use the
up/down arrow keys to enter a number)
- Penalty Shot - click here if the penalty gave the other team a penalty shot
- Bench - click here for a bench penalty (i.e., when a penalty is assigned to the team rather than a player)
- Start - time the penalty starts (mm:ss); this is normally the same as the "Off" time
- On - time the player is supposed to return to the ice (mm:ss).
Note: If the third penalty for a team begins sooner than you
specified in the Start field (e.g., due to a goal), edit the third
penalty start time to reflect the time of the goal.
Scorekeeper - The penalty I need to add is not available
You will need to contact your league administrator to have the penalty added to the database. LeagueStat.com Scorekeeper
How do I add a new penalty option?
LeagueStat.com allows League Administrators to fully customize the penalty options that are available to scorekeepers. From the League Administration area, expand the "League Configuration" menu and click "Rulebook." Then, from the top of the page, ...
Scorekeeper - How do I record a goal?
If your league does not track the location of shots on goal, new goals can be entered on the scoring tab by completing the below fields under the appropriate team heading: Period - period the goal was scored Time - time the goal was scored (mm:ss) ...
Video: Next Gen Scorekeeper – Penalty Shot
Edit a penalty
In the menu on the left of the screen, click League Configuration > Rulebook. Click the penalty you want to edit. Complete the instructions on the screen to edit the minutes, class (such as major, minor, or misconduct), code, and other info. ...