Set up a splash screen for your website
The splash screen is an optional screen that appears immediately when
visitors browse to your website, before the home page appears. You can
use a splash screen to promote special events, ticket sales, or for
other short-term promotional needs.
- On the WordPress dashboard, in the menu on the left of the screen, hover your mouse cursor on Appearance.
- Click Customize.
- On the left side of the screen, click HockeyTech – Home Page Splash.
- Change the Enable Splash drop-down list to Yes.
- Under Image, click Select Image (figure 1).
- Do one of the following:
- To use an image that you already added to WordPress, in the Media Library tab, click an image.
- To add a new image, in the Upload Files tab, click Select Files. Select the image you want to upload, and click Open.
- Click Choose Image.
- If necessary, change any of the following options and settings:
- To adjust the size of the splash screen (in percentage of total screen width), type a percentage in the Splash Width field.
- To add an action button for visitors to click (for example, Buy Tickets), type the text for the action button in the Action Button Text field. Then, type the web page address for the action button in the Action Button URL field (figure 2).
- Change any other options or settings.
- Click Save & Publish.
Using custom plugins for your website
Before you begin: Check the installed plugins Make sure the following plugins are installed in your WordPress dashboard: MasterSlider WP Custom Facebook Feed WonderPlugin Gallery Additionally, the following plugins are optional: WP Add Custom CSS ...
Creating ads on your website with Google DoubleClick for Publishers
Add a new ad unit An ad unit is a location on your website where one or more advertisements is placed. You must create a new ad unit for each location on your site that you want ads to appear in. At the top of the screen, click Inventory. In the ...
Customizing your website with the HockeyTech Jellyfish theme
With the HockeyTech Jellyfish theme, your website will have a clean, consistent look and feel that is customized for your team or league. Change your WordPress settings In order for your theme to appear correctly, you need to change some WordPress ...
Add sponsors to the bottom of your website's home page
Direct your website visitors to your team or league sponsor sites by placing sponsor logos or other images on your home page. You can add sponsors to your home page by completing the following tasks: Create rows for sponsor images on your home page ...
Adding content to your website's sidebar or footer
The right sidebar and footer areas of your website persist across most of the webpages on your website (figure 1). The sidebar and footer often include images, embedded videos, ads, and other information, and you can add new widgets to the sidebar or ...